/r/RABM/

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Shikabane - "Why Do You Live?" (2004)


SHIKABANE "Why Do You Live?"

Year: 2004
Genre: Blackened Crust / Grindcore / Experimental
Country: Japan

Track List:
  1. Ash-Bone
  2. Why Can't Obstacle Disappear In This Society?
  3. Nihilism
  4. Coming Apart ...
  5. Breakdown Of Mental Balance (I Dive In A Foward Looking Attitude)
  6. What Do You Take Responsibility This My Suffering?
  7. I Can't Try
  8. The Last Myself 
DOWNLOAD

Since many of you liked "Ego & Desire" by Shikabane, I've decided to post one more album by them. It looks like their last release, at least I don't know anything about their albums after 2004. I also have their 1st EP and their split w/ Agathocles, but I'm not sure if I should post it here.

This release is very diverse in terms of sound, drifting from acoustic parts (which I didn't like very much, though) to blackened crust and even grindcore. The mood of the album is very dark and gloomy, the guitars' sound is noisy and fuzzy, and the vocals are typical for a Japanese crust band. There are English translations of the lyrics in the booklet... but I need to say that they're not very intelligible. Even my English is better ;)

Anyway, I like Shikabane. They're probably my favourite crust punk band from Japan, and I'd be happy to have any other albums by them (if there are any besides these 4 releases I already have).

1 comment :

  1. Can anyone find their lyrics? None of them are on the Metal-Archives

    ReplyDelete